Advertisement

What's your job and dream?

Started by May 22, 2015 08:27 AM
28 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 9 years, 3 months ago
Just out of curiosity, what do you currently do for a living and where do you want to be in what time period? (Regarding game development that is)

I'll start: business professional, project manager and teamlead today (agile software Development, non-gaming). want to be a producer @a AAA studio in a few years or start up a studio with passionate "everything is possible" believers

As a bonus, I also find it entertaining and nice to know who works at AAA studio's (so I can tell my wife how nice it is that I can interact with folks why worked on Crysis3 or Mad Max for example :))

Crealysm game & engine development: http://www.crealysm.com

Looking for a passionate, disciplined and structured producer? PM me

Made an apprenticeship as an application developer back in 2009. After I finished my apprenticeship I was not satisfied with my knowledge and went to university.

Now I'm studying applied computer science and work at a small software company half the week as an application developer. I'm working on hobby projects in my spare time and hope to find a small project team after graduation. I'm really into the technical side of programming and love to solve complex problems.

Follow my hobby projects:

Ognarion Commander (Java/LIBGDX): https://github.com/OlafVanSchlacht/ognarion-commander

Advertisement

I'm a student studying game design at a really really bad university (unfortunately)

Dream? Develop multiple AAA games. I already know what I want to do. Just need a lot of money and a lot of time to actually do it lol

I made some internship in video game company (Cyanide and Ubisoft) and now I'm working as a developper in a non-gaming company. But I will try to go back into a game company as soon as possible.

As for the dream, I'd love to work on my own game in a size of medium size (10-20 people) so much better than a AAA company IMO :)

I've been working in the industry as a programmer since 2010. Now i work in a big company that makes mostly AAA games :)

My dream job though is to be a game designer too, and make my own games within small teams!

What company/ titles? :)

Crealysm game & engine development: http://www.crealysm.com

Looking for a passionate, disciplined and structured producer? PM me

Advertisement

Currently: Embedded Software Engineer working on Industrial Automation products, specifically 1d/2d barcode readers and smart vision cameras.

Future: Frankly, I don't ever see myself working in the Gaming Industry. I'm perfectly fine with it being a hobby. The pay and work ethic at my current employer are just too good and the work is far from monotonous.

Currently : I'm an audio & engine programmer working at Massive Entertainment

Dream : Work on my own games and systems full time

Current: Senior graphics programmer at Square Enix, working on Final Fantasy XV as part of their Luminous Studio R&D team.

I am also an actor on Japanese TV and movies, and I do motion capture at Square Enix as well, including for the main characters (for example, Noctis).

Dream: My current job is my dream job. Ever since I played Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VII I planned to work at Square Enix on Final Fantasy games.

Next year the lead programmer will be leaving and I will be replacing him, a promotion which comes with a significant pay raise.

As far as acting goes, I hope to get bigger and bigger roles on TV and in movies, and I hope to do more motion capture for more main characters in more big games.

I also hope to use Square Enix to create my own anime series, and maybe my own game series.

I also hope to do a little voice acting, both for games and for anime.

Because life is made to be lived.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

Current: Executive for a medical payment clearinghouse/ Payer/Provider software development company.

Dream is to retire with billions of $, and work on hobby games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement