61 comments, last by d000hg 13 years, 4 months ago

update 5(or something)
fixes:
fixed a bug that caused voters to select from the first IDE list
added Linux derivative to the OS list
moved CPPIDE to the second IDE list
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

---edit---
fixed a English to English translation bug(in this Document)
:lol:

any body think this funny ?

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

I wonder why Emacs is on the second list. What are the list criteria? And why is there two XCodes?
Advertisement

I wonder why Emacs is on the second list. What are the list criteria? And why is there two XCodes?

because you can only have 20 options per question.
i guess that i missed that there, because i changed the list around a bit(the ones with no votes so that i could sort out a few bugs)

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

freedos still active (releasing updates),so i guess someone is still using it.. what the reason, i have no idea.

FreeDOS is quite commonly used on new desktop machines, this way the OEM can still sell a bootable machine without having to provide a full OS, The assumption is that most users will replace the FreeDOS installation with Linux, BSD or transfer an existing Windows license to the new machine, its also a superior OS to MSDOS or PCDOS for older machines while still being compatible with those.

It has also been used by for example ASUS to create bootable motherboard driver CDs that could be used to create SATA driver floppys for Windows 2000/XP installation. (Windows required SATA and SCSI drivers to be on a floppy in those days) and is used by some harddrive maintainance and recovery solutions and other bootable CDs (Intel has one that is used to update SSD firmwares for example).

FreeDOS has quite a few advantages over older DOS versions, primarily full support for FAT32, LBA and long filenames but also smaller things like scrollwheel support for the mouse driver, which makes it quite a bit better for creating small and fast bootable CDs for various purposes.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
MSVC Express 2010 for Windows and Code::Blocks on Ubuntu. I also use Code::Blocks on Windows with the WinAVR version of GCC.
Patrick

I use Geany on Arch Linux. I could not vote because Geany is not in the list.

I use the exact same combination, at home at least.
Advertisement
i have found a slight problem, Geany and Vim are Text Editors and thereby do not qualify to be on the list because i did not check all reported IDE's that are missing from the list, i wont remove them at this time(but maydo later on :o).
:D

i have found a slight problem, Geany and Vim are Text Editors and thereby do not qualify to be on the list because i did not check all reported IDE's that are missing from the list, i wont remove them at this time(but maydo later on :o).

Geany has an integrated terminal so it brings the full power of the complete unix command line and all GNU development tools into one editor. If that isn't integrated, what is? :)

Vim can handle compiling and debugging aswell with appropriate configuration.

adding:

map <F3> : call CompileGcc()<CR> func! CompileGcc() exec "w" exec "!gcc % -o %<" endfunc map <F4> :call CompileRunGcc()<CR> func! CompileRunGcc() exec "w" exec "!gcc % -o %<" exec "! ./%<" endfunc

to your .vimrc allows you to compile with F3 and compile+run with F4

http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1954 gives you gdb integration (so you can set breakpoints, step through code line by line, etc)
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
@Lode
@SimonForsman

oh ok, i did a google search and wikipedia said it was a text editor not a proper IDE (but it does apply now that you mentioned that ;))
and Geany is on the list, its thired from the bottom on the first list.
:cool:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement