🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Linux Games (Daemin)

Started by
4 comments, last by Nick Murphy 24 years, 10 months ago
There are loads! Not many commercial games though. All
of ID's stuff has been ported to Linux, if that takes
your fancy. Quake 2 is being sold in boxes for Linux,
but if you have the full Windows version you can
download the Linux wrappers.

Your best bet is to check out www.linuxgames.com,
which has a nifty search engine.

Advertisement
To 2 most popular commercial Linux games are:
Civ 2: Call to power (Loki) and
Hopkins FBI (not sure who made it)

Loki are also porting several other major games to Linux (Myst I think), and seceral publishers are showing interest in Linux...

------------------
Mark Collnis
- EHB Software

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Loki is porting Myth 2: Soulblighter from Bungie. I'm a huge Myth fan myself, but it's one of those games that you either love or hate. Also, the interface has a little bit of a learning curve, but once you get used to it, you'll be using it on your desktop to try to rotate around your icons!

Anyway, the demo's out, although it's 60MB, and i suggest you try it out. Aside from that, i don't know about any yet-unmentioned finished games out there that are really comercial quality, but there are plenty of games that are under development, and also quite a few that are fun, if not comercial quality.

-Shelrem

Another good place to look for Linux games is 'The Linux Game Tome' at happypenguin.org Most of the games on their are trivial, but some are fairly cool. Loki, which was mentioned earlier is at www.lokigames.com. They are porting Myth II soulblighter (a demo is available currently), Railroad Tycoon, and Eric's ultimate solitaire. Additionally they are supposed to be porting four other games this year, but I do not believe that they have been announced yet.

------------------
Dane Jackson - zuvembi@mindless.com
The meek shall inherit what they're bloody well given.
And be thankful for it.

[This message has been edited by Zuvembi (edited August 04, 1999).]

Dane Jackson - zuvembi@mindless.com
The meek shall inherit what they're bloody well given.
And be thankful for it.
Does anyone know of any decent games that were made for linux, except for the Quake3 Beta...
If so could the give me the addresses of the homepages?
there is also a kingpin client I think...
and the most important: there are tetrinet clients

------------------

--
Sengir

--
Sengir

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement