Advertisement

[4E6] Unofficial Screenshot Thread

Started by September 25, 2007 10:10 PM
174 comments, last by cNoob 16 years, 6 months ago
As you can see, I’m a developer, not an artist.
Yesterday I started drawing this Pony. I’m using MilkShape 3D
I don’t have any idea on how to round the edges.
I think that I will start again using cylinders and spheres for the body shapes instead for only vertices.

______________________Haydel
exactly...
that's what's missing in Libertine.
Advertisement
Here is the first batch of models out of the oven. I'm going for a wold of warcraft kinda toon feel. All but the rock texture which will be replace was created by me via the power of GIMP. Anyways on with the pic.

Bigger Version FYI the models are shown as still's via the OSX Preview tool. Up next work on buildings etc..
Quote: Original post by Snibs
Here is the first batch of models out of the oven. I'm going for a wold of warcraft kinda toon feel.
Congrats. I think you achieved that look already.
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning

(Click on thumbnails to see larger image)

This is not the player character, but it takes its place until I come up with a decent model for it.

@Snibs .. seems we're going for a similar theme. Nice!

[Edited by - Eigen on October 14, 2007 8:38:33 AM]
doing a little stress testing...

resized from 1600x1200

pic
Advertisement
I figured I post here, since everyone seems to do it :)
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
work in progress thread
Unfinished work from me and a littlebit buggy h3h3:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
http://www.vectorstudios.nethttp://engine.vectorstudios.net
Biosphere,
How many low-poly trees are in your screen shot? What sort of frame rate were you able to maintain?

Haydel,
I actually like that pony. It looks like some cookie cutter type...which might actually fit into a game concept with similar characters.

Good work on the other screenshots. Very nice beginnings.

Regards,
Chuck
chuckbo2006: short answer - I dont know how many low poly trees, I use LoD. My framerate was only 22 @ 1600x1200 but theres a simple change to my code I can make that should double to triple my framerate.

long answer - my tree system has 3 levels of LoD. A tree consists of a 2 group mesh and 3 sets of camera facing billboards like speedtree. The tree mesh has 1 gruop for trunk(s) and another group for branches. At close range the tree is rendered with trunks and branches and the most detailed set of leaf billboards. At medium distance it will not render the branches, and it will render fewer but larger billboards. At long distance it will render the trunk and about 8-12 large billboards to approximate the tree shape. I want to add 2 things to my LoD - low poly mesh trunk for long distance, and also a super long distance LoD with a single billboard for the whole tree. I dont know how many trees were being rendered at what LoD levels in that scene hehe.

I think with the LoD changes I want to make and the simple change I mentioned I could get this running at 80+ fps on my machine. There are 327 trees total being rendered in that shot.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement