Advertisement

Whats your favorite 'build your computer' store in the USA ?

Started by August 08, 2007 09:08 AM
20 comments, last by Nytegard 17 years, 1 month ago
Quote: Original post by Ravuya
I'm gonna fling this over to Hardware.

I hear "ibuypower" a lot, I don't know if they're reputable or if they use quality parts.

However, it SERIOUSLY isn't hard to build your own machine from parts. Perhaps the hardest part is applying thermal glue to the CPU. You can do that if you've applied peanut butter to toast.

I was going to try ibuypower.com because their prices are far lower than everywhere else (except buying your own individual parts), but I had some questions and after sending them several emails and waiting a couple of weeks, they still would not respond to me. That's pretty reflective of what I hear about them in general: nice prices, terrible service. You might get a good deal, but if something goes wrong expect to spend months sorting it out.

So I agree, look into building one yourself (is what I'm doing). There are a lot of little things to hook up, but nothing is actually hard to do. Just need patience. Being willing to actually look at manuals & guides helps too.
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
As other people stated, NewEgg, and just build it yourself. Except for LCD monitors. If there's one weakpoint, it's their policy on LCD monitors and dead pixels.

I made the mistake of trying AvaDirect.com from a review from HardOCP. Decent service through the telephone, slightly more expensive than NewEgg (about $400 more expensive than had I just bought all the parts and built it myself), but downgraded my power supply and didn't credit me, took 5-6 weeks to get it to me, and when it arrived, they didn't even connect all the necessary wires, and their cabling could have been done better.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement