Advertisement

4e6

Started by February 24, 2007 06:58 PM
433 comments, last by sirGustav 17 years ago
Quote: Original post by superpig
The alternative is that I drop Mac support.

EDIT: Or that I spend £615 on a MacBook. Would the basic 1GB MacBook be an acceptable min spec? And are you actually interested in entering a Mac entry, because if I spend £615 on a new machine for judging and then nobody enters anything for Mac then I'll be peeved...
Is that all it costs? Amazing... Anyway why don't you add the MacBook to the prize pool :)

One thing I quite don't get.

I thought all this delay was mainly about signing up sponsors for the prices, and now when I look at it there is only the Gamedev's own price there. Do you really mean this extra "halfyear" didn't generate a single sponsor or will the sponsors be revealed later on as well?
Advertisement
I was under the impression the delay was because Superpig is a busy man and you should cut him some slack [razz][grin]

Edit:
Quote: Original post by Aiursrage
Are we able to use ageia physicsX for our games?
I used it last year, so should be fine as long as you package the PhysX runtime (and unfortunately also the driver) installer with your entry.

Regards,
ViLiO

[Edited by - ViLiO on September 26, 2007 5:58:19 AM]
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube

Quote: ... so what in particular needs to be handled? Superpig said the elements were already chosen, and in years past a lack of sponsors didn't stop the contest from starting. So all that is left is to create a web page, right?

---answer
Quote:
We want to try and book sponsors - or at least start talking to them - earlier on this year.

This is what I was referring to. I understand Superpig got plenty to do, I was just confused when clicking on the pricesection. I have no intention to flame or be ungrateful for all the hard work, just asked a question about prices.
We were using the time to start talking to sponsors, but things moved much too slowly and I've launched the contest and site without waiting for deals to close.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Thanks Superpig. Thats all I needed to know :)
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by superpig
The alternative is that I drop Mac support.

Please don't do that ! I only own macs : I have an iBook G4 (with radeon 9550) and a MacBook (with GMA 950). They may not be able to display tons of fully shaded models with tens of hundreds polys but this hardware is good enough for 2d games and simple 3d engines.
Quote: Original post by Lexp
I have an iBook G4 (with radeon 9550) and a MacBook (with GMA 950). They may not be able to display tons of fully shaded models with tens of hundreds polys but this hardware is good enough for 2d games and simple 3d engines.
Could I have it? That way I could judge entries on it :P

Don't worry, I'm not going to drop Mac support. In six months time, hopefully the price of an entry-level MacBook will have dropped such that I'll be able to buy one to judge on without it really being an issue.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Just a few hours left until the announcement...

My current goal is to avoid seeing
>Rick Astley
's face until the elements are known. I
>hope
I can do it...
"It is not enough to merely faces one's fears. One must run screaming toward them,"

Nope.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement