Advertisement

4E5

Started by April 30, 2006 04:21 PM
148 comments, last by Avatar God 18 years, 3 months ago
Quote: Original post by Rob Loach
Does the next contest really have to be yet another four elements contest?

Aww, I like the 4E contests. Any contest is going to have some constraints, and 4E is pretty loose (as opposed to something like, "Make an RPG where Superpig and Mr Taco have to go find and overthrow the evil Washu who is tentacling the whole world" or something), IMO. An unlike other situations, loose is good :D
Quote: Original post by Mushu
Quote: Original post by Rob Loach
Does the next contest really have to be yet another four elements contest?

Aww, I like the 4E contests. Any contest is going to have some constraints, and 4E is pretty loose (as opposed to something like, "Make an RPG where Superpig and Mr Taco have to go find and overthrow the evil Washu who is tentacling the whole world" or something), IMO. An unlike other situations, loose is good :D

Agreed, 4E is a fine theme
Advertisement
Maybe for the next 4E, we could use emotions instead of themes. Like, you have to make the player feel the emotions you are given in your game. That keeps things pretty loose, as you can make the game about anything you like, but you just have to make the player feel emotions, or portray the emotions in the game.
Huh, that would be interesting. Possibly very subjective, but cool. Of course, you might be stuck making much more complex games.

It sounds like superpig already has some picked out?

And I still love the 4 Elements theme, by the way.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Quote: Original post by Avatar God
It sounds like superpig already has some picked out?

I'm under the same impression. And I think Kuato is one of the elements...
Either way, I am looking forward to it. Now if only I could make myself a time machine to constantly go back in time and teach myself more programming in the same amount of time...

I think I have yet to program something that actually involves gameplay, other than "guess the number".
Advertisement
Can't wait for this contest! Any news on when we find out the elements?

P.s. Sorry to pester. :)
Quote: Original post by Mincher
Any news on when we find out the elements?

When it starts :P

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

After doing a little thinking, I now see the need for the 'low' system requirements. I have a roommate who recently bought a laptop which has integrated graphics (by Intel, of course). We have had a slightly difficult time finding lan games that run decently on his machine. Considering the market portion that Intel has in the graphics game, I suppose it is fair.
This is just a random comment, but how are the prizes looking this year? I remember 4E4 had some bloody amazing prices (omg Extremely-Sharp!!!) - have you guys already lined up some sponsors, or is that yet to come?

In any case, I'm very excited [grin]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement