Advertisement

SuSE

Started by February 11, 2005 04:00 PM
24 comments, last by sakky 19 years, 7 months ago
.....why can't I go to Google then? I can't even use YOU. It just doesn't work! I can't connect and find any mirror servers. YOU won't connect so I can't update my computer. I'll have to update it by hand I guess. What a waste of time YOU is! Is there any way I can delete the waste of space? I mean come on, I've tried everything I can think of for the past 6 hours and I still have nothing. I'm thinking that that program is a complete waste of time and it shouldn't have been added with the SuSE because it's problematic and doesn't work and it makes SuSE look bad because of it. The auto update doesn't work, thats lame! I have to uninstall all my packages by hand and download and install the updates ones. That isn't fun! Maybe it's a joke and they put that program there so people would try and use it and get no where with it! So they can sit back and laugh saying--"Look! He actually think he's getting somewhere". That may sound stupid, but I've been looking on Google(IE) and found many other poeple having the same problem and have found to solution. One guy even used a sniffer and said the YOU didn't even make an attempt to connect. So what is that thing suppose to be besides a joke?
Take back the internet with the most awsome browser around, FireFox
SuSe is one of my operating systems, and YOU works great for me. It really sounds as if your internet connection is the problem. Here is a tip, to test your internet connection you can use the program "ping" (i.e. "ping google.com"). I had problems with my internet connection too at first, I just copied all the information from the working windows version, messed around a whole lot, and then somehow it worked.

I really don't get how you can go to some sites and not others... just doesn't make sense, but then again I am far from a network expert, in fact it confuses me to no end and makes me run away in fear.
Advertisement
Yeah I here ya. But for real now, ping worked on Google. At first it didn't but now it does. Also, ...hold on I'm gonna trace with windows. Hmm... I got requested time out each time. Ping worked fine thou.

I wonder why I can't get YOU to work right. Maybe I should remove all hardware configurations and start over.
Tell ya what, I'm not running from Linux! Not now not ever! I WILL figure this out. Even thou I like Windows a lot, I'm getting tired of only using one OS all the time. And how am I going to know how my software I create works good on both Windows and Linux? Besides I want to go pure linux some day. Once I figure out how to make it a complete power horse with multi media flyin out it's ars! I love to listen to music or radio on my computer when I'm playing around with it. I'll hvae some crapy little computer in the cornder with Windows on it just so I can use the application that I have that need Windows. I sure hope all my favorite games come out on Linux. I can trust I won't be seeing a Linux version of Halo...LOL!!!
I still can't figure it out! I'm thinking about starting over from scratch and only installing what I need. I only want to use KDE so I won't install any GTK+. I'll also go with out all the games and stuff. I only need a good compiler(GCC) and a decent IDE. Or, maybe I'll just build myself one. I could use DevC++ for Linux or the Qt IDE. Pretty much, I only want the basic stuff that I need to run my computer plus the developer things that I need to Linux-that's it!

I think I'll go do tht right now. So if I can, I'll post an update with Konquer.
Strange, I still can't browse the web. I wonder what would keep it?! Maybe I should call Qwest and ask them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement