🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where do I go for programming now?

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 9 months ago
Windows Game Programming for Dummies
Inside DirectX
Inside Direct3D

These are some good books, one more for WinAPI would be needed, but I don't know good ones. If you don't wanna use DX, look for some OpenGL books.

CU

------------------
Skullpture Entertainment

Graphix Coding @Skullpture Entertainmenthttp://www.skullpture.de
Advertisement
I have read two C++ books, Programming and Problem Solving with C++, and Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days, both of which are DOS based. I would like some advice on which direction to go now for programming. I heard the C++ Primer was an excellent book, but not sure if I should read that because its another DOS book or start going into Windows programming or game programming. I, like a good number of you, don't have the funds to spend on a lot of books, so my resources are kind of limited.
Any advice on where to go or which books to read now will be very helpful. Thank you.
I've just about finished RTS Game Programming w/ DX6 and thought it contained a lot of good information.

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement