🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Windows and DirectX with Borland C++ 5

Started by
0 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 9 months ago
OK, I noticed that no one was really able to help with my questions involving the LCC-Win32 compiler but that's not an issue anymore (anyone who's interested, I the post has fallen to Page 2 of this list and is written under my real but long since reserved name Steve). I've managed to get Borland C++ 5. This is great and all; it certainly does most of what I want of it. I do have a problem with it though: I still want to do Win32 programming with it, eventually moving into DirectX. Are there any good, free tutorials on the Internet? Or rather, is MSVC++ code also applicable to Borland C++? Also, I heard that if you want to use DirectX with BC++ 5, you have to convert the user DLLs to Borland compatible library files. If that's the case, why would I want to download 80 Megs worth of SDK for several include files and a bunch of libraries that are only compatible with MSVC++? Are there Borland compatible DirectX libraries? Is there any way I can carry on with programming without submitting to the massive corporate machine that is Microsoft and using Visual Studio? Any help I get on any of my questions is greatly appreciated.

-Steve

Advertisement
Sephiros,
The latest DX SDK's include Borland compatible lib's. I use them, so they do infact work ( Borland 5.01 ). As far as tutorials, I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction. You could browse over the SDK examples for starters.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me.

Six

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement