Advertisement

mp3 players ?

Started by October 23, 2003 03:30 PM
6 comments, last by gambit 20 years, 10 months ago
I have a cm 8738 sound card in the kde system control in the kde control centre I have have my sound card showing as above , however when I click on an mp3 file it shows the kde player "noatun" playing the file but there''s no sound :-( ......any suggestions ? on the same topic r there better mp3 applications to be downloaded somewhere ?..... btw u guyz r gr8 thanx 4 all ur help !!! p.s how can I put shortcuts of applications to the desktop
You can try XMMS. That seems to be a favorite for mp3 players, and its skinnable too. As for the sound, really not sure. Perhaps you don''t have the drivers loaded? Can you get sound with anything else?
Hitchhiker90"There's one bitch in the world, one bitch with many faces" -- Jay"What are you people, on dope?" -- Mr. Hand
Advertisement
.........Perhaps you don''t have the drivers loaded? Can you get sound with anything else? .........

no I can''t ...in the kde system control in the kde control centre it shows some(I dont know if all?) drivers for the
sound card .....and it gives an option of "test" however
clicking on "test" doesn''t produce any sound ....

any1 whu also uses a cm 8738 sound card?

This might seem a little silly but... did you check that your volumes aren''t at zero? Happened to me once.
User permissions for the sound devices might not be enabled for the current user as well. This has been a problem for me before.

RandomTask
in fact I have a copy of the official manual and it sayz

...sound capability is included , but is not configuared to run
automatically....
and it says I should run ....sndconfig....

I''ll try it and let all know how it goez ......

:-)
Advertisement
Sound volumes are often zero by default, so that''s the first thing you should check. If you''re running alsa (likely) try alsamixer in konsole.

For shortcuts, right click on desktop, go to the "Create New" menu, select "Link to Application" and fill in the details.
My stuff.Shameless promotion: FreePop: The GPL god-sim.
Try playing a wave first, once that works, try an mp3 (you could have codec issues playing the mp3).
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement