🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My bot ! [Was : All bots so far...]

Started by
62 comments, last by ToohrVyk 20 years, 10 months ago
ty

Yeah, its favourite things are: jam, corners and trees . In that order.

[edited by - JuNC on August 8, 2003 5:39:03 PM]
Advertisement
*EDIT* Nevermind, I forgot that I used the intro version of VC++ to compile so it wont work on other computers. Looks like I know what I am buying this weekend. Thank God for school discounts.

"I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
--Voltaire

[edited by - cmptrgear on August 8, 2003 5:41:48 PM]
"Pfft, Facts! Facts can be used to prove anything!" -- Homer J. Simpson
quote: Original post by Jason2Jason
Heres the source to my ''DumbBot''. I was just muking around, so it won''t be entered!

void DumbBot::Update(){	//Update cycle entry point. Your AI code goes here.	g_pCore->TurnRight(TURN_SLOW);	g_pCore->SetSpeed(SET_NORMAL_SPEED);	if(g_pCore->GetMyHealth() < LastHealth)	{		g_pCore->Taunt("Ouch!");		LastHealth = g_pCore->GetMyHealth();	}	if(g_pCore->GetMyAmmoCount() <= 0)	{		g_pCore->SelectWeapon(WEAPON_COCKTAIL);		g_pCore->SetWeaponAngle(90.0f);	}	else	{		g_pCore->SelectWeapon(WEAPON_GUN);	}	g_pCore->Fire();}

Unfortunatly the taunt doesn''t work, but heh.

EDIT: fixed the ouch problem in the code, needed to initialise LastHealth to 100 in the init function "LastHealth = 100;"

-J

[edited by - jason2jason on August 5, 2003 9:57:14 AM]

DANG!!! That is exactly the same way my bot responds 2 being attacked, right down to the variable name LastHealth!!

(Stolen from Programmer One)
UNIX is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus
cmptrgear: Your bot works fine, although the legal issues are a little murkier

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement