🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My bot ! [Was : All bots so far...]

Started by
62 comments, last by ToohrVyk 20 years, 10 months ago
EDIT: newest version (1.8) available here! --------------------- Original message: I've seen that some of you already posted their bots in another threads, so I'm posting mine right here. Besides, I could download and test Leftie but eMan wouldn't work ( I can't open the .rar because of a CRC error ), so would it be possible to upload it again as zip? Feel free to post your bots so far here to check out what everyone's been doing... ToohrVyk [edited by - ToohrVyk on August 5, 2003 2:45:56 PM]
Advertisement
It would be really cool if someone with the appropriate technology, know-how and above all time could set up a site we can auto-upload our bots to, and view all bots on the site. Then those who wish to share information can do so easily. Unfortunately I have no idea how to - is this something that can be knocked together quickly?
That could be done, but auto upload and post is just asking for someone to anonymously put up a trojan dll, or spam hundreds of 1 byte dlls.
lol at my first game against another bot, my bot won !!

Your bot doesn''t seem to react very well when he get shotted
And he is not really accurate with grenades

But at all the other 3 matches, my stupid bot loss
Nice job with your bot

holy shit, talk about being close...

match 1:
Your bot''s health = 0
My bot''s health = 6

other matches were your''s or mine with the winners health ranging from 2 to 18. :o

My first bot lost against sample bot once...

-J
I think I can upload a few bots on my ISP web hosting. Mail me the dll''s and I should get them online tommorow moring (GMT-1)

ToohrVyk

You can upload stuff to my FTP server for now if you like (ftp://thetavern.servebeer.com). I keep logs of everything, so i can watch for trojans / spam, etc.
However, i take no responsibility for anything anyone sticks up there.

Also, i wrote the server myself, so i know theres going to be a few bugs with it. The two i know of are that mozilla just barfs at it (saying "550 File not found: "D:/Users/""), and IE doesn't like opening files by double clicking (See my thread Here If you want some log / have any idea whats going on / whatever)

Anyway, feel free to use it.

Edit: Made the link a clicky
Edit 2: BTW, my server has a max upload of about 20K/sec, so din't expect lightning fast speeds. But hopefully all the bots will be around 100k anyway...

[edited by - Evil Steve on August 4, 2003 9:43:54 PM]
@ ToohrVyk, i threw together a quick bot and your bot is smoking him. the best my bot has done so far is me: 0 , you: 57.

*edit, ok i got him after 30 or so iterations but it was largely due to chance.

[edited by - Dreddnafious Maelstrom on August 4, 2003 11:06:42 PM]
"Let Us Now Try Liberty"-- Frederick Bastiat
Anyone have source code they''d like to share? Even if it''s just a crappy bot, I would still like to see how other people are approaching the problem. Even TestPlayer source code.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement