🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

We have some options - what do you want to do?

Started by
76 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 11 months ago
It will be released soon.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
By soon do you mean minutes, or hours or days?
I don''t know if this has been discussed yet (since I haven''t read all 500+ posts in the main thread), but is there any chance the players will have special skills? Like you have say, 20 "points", and you can spend them on various things like quickness/speed, accuracy, power/damage done, jumping, etc. I think it would be funny to see one of those little guys running around at a high rate of speed, jumping all over (nice little models BTW).
No, I don''t believe that has been brought up. An interesting concept, but as has been the case with many others, it could take some of the focus off of the AI. It could bring up some interesting scenarios (sp?), but it would also take away from the "plain vanilla" sort of AI that I think Kevin wants.

(Stolen from Programmer One)
UNIX is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus
quote: Original post by Russell
I don''t know if this has been discussed yet (since I haven''t read all 500+ posts in the main thread), but is there any chance the players will have special skills? Like you have say, 20 "points", and you can spend them on various things like quickness/speed, accuracy, power/damage done, jumping, etc. I think it would be funny to see one of those little guys running around at a high rate of speed, jumping all over (nice little models BTW).

Something like that would make fairness more difficult to achieve. How much speed is jumping worth? How much damage is speed worth? I like having the bots all with the exact same abilities so that the playing field is level.

Qui fut tout, et qui ne fut rien
Invader''s Realm
If one attribute was more ''valuable'' everyone would realise so all bots would ''buy'' the same points in the same things!
I''ve already thought about that (it was never mentioned here), but it''s something that would require alot of thought and gameplay balancing. So, maybe in the future.

Admin for GameDev.net.

quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
By soon do you mean minutes, or hours or days?

Days of course.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement