🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New Contest ?

Started by
42 comments, last by Tha_HoodRat 24 years, 2 months ago
Your questions have been answered, as the new contest pages have been put up. This one is a bit more different than the previous contest, but I''m interested in seeing what people can create. Also, I did not mention it on the page, but the sponsor for the contest is interested in recruiting people who enter. (it''s a professional developer) So best of luck to those who go for it!

BTW, I like some of the ideas that have been posted here for future contests. If you have any more, go ahead and post them. It can be tough coming up with a unique contest.

Kevin

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
Some Ideas:

1) How about some kind of AI game contest where the emphasis is on game AI? I haven't seen a contest like that. From the responses of artifical life and neural nets on the message board, it looks like we might have some interesting AI attempts spawing from this. Perhaps something like a chess or checkers or other board games. or Sports... Life simulations? Predator-Prey?

2) Reverse games... such things like:
Asteroina (c)
Player: Asteroids and Aliens
Enemy: player ship

Pooyanio (c)
Player: Wolves
Enemy: Pig in the Pod

3) Isometric universe hack and slash? Perhaps something like the Bilestoad (old Apple game). Who can make the most gory game? Some people like this. I bet a lot would enter.

4) Creative sports games. Who says the players have to be human and the location on Earth? (think Cyberball). Heck you can make up your own rules. HyperDestruction 3D golf --shoot out golfballs using weapons like artillery games... woo hoo!

5) Wacky games (somebody mentioned this earlier, I like it). Fling buggers at passers by as quickly as possible... don't hit the police though... could be bad.

Just some ideas, hmmm... can I have some money please? hehe Ideas are a dime a dozen right? so I have about 12/5 cents. Or I'll just take a penny for my thoughts.

Edited by - NickGA on May 14, 2000 7:37:04 PM
"If you build it, it will crash."
Well the ''New Contest'' has begun. Although I''ve got tonz of Exams, the good news is; I finish my last exam on 28th - Midday. So I should have 2.5 Whole Days!!!! to make an entry

/Memir
Flash Pool - Pool/Billiards game for Facebook (developed by Memir).
quote: Original post by Memir
Well the ''New Contest'' has begun. Although I''ve got tonz of Exams, the good news is; I finish my last exam on 28th - Midday. So I should have 2.5 Whole Days!!!! to make an entry

Go for it Memir, your last 2.5 day entry was pretty impressive

nathany.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement