🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New Contest ?

Started by
42 comments, last by Tha_HoodRat 24 years, 2 months ago
quote: Original post by johnhattan

Nick, that''s the breaks. If you don''t have a microphone or decent sound-skills, then you won''t do too well in the contest. It''s no more discriminatory than the last contest, in which people who didn''t have a Windows compiler and/or programming skills weren''t able to compete.

Hehe.. no skin off my back I''m just trying to make it more open to others so we can gather more designs. I was assuming that you wanted to maximize your contestants. Notice, I wasn''t judging anything, I was just offering suggestions.

Have a nice day!

"If you build it, it will crash."
Advertisement
Hey, with a few downloaded .wav files from here and there and the 30-day version of CoolEdit, you could do fairly well.

Trust me on this one

(my byline from the Gamedev Collection series, which I co-edited) John Hattan has been working steadily in the casual game-space since the TRS-80 days and professionally since 1990. After seeing his small-format games turned down for what turned out to be Tandy's last PC release, he took them independent, eventually releasing them as several discount game-packs through a couple of publishers. The packs are actually still available on store-shelves, although you'll need a keen eye to find them nowadays. He continues to work in the casual game-space as an independent developer, largely working on games in Flash for his website, The Code Zone (www.thecodezone.com). His current scheme is to distribute his games virally on various web-portals and widget platforms. In addition, John writes weekly product reviews and blogs (over ten years old) for www.gamedev.net from his home office where he lives with his wife and daughter in their home in the woods near Lake Grapevine in Texas.

johnhattan,

are you giving away hints for the next contest... or is that just an idea?

- n8

nathany.com
Sounds good to me John. Hehe.. hey I liked the shrine to Shatner. I can''t believe I read all the reasons why Kirk was the better captain. Three words: Flying Leg Kick!
"If you build it, it will crash."
I''ve been out of town all week, so I''m kind of playing catch up on all the site work, but I do have the next contest pretty much ready to go. It should be announced sometime this weekend. (week-end: the end of the week)

Kevin

Admin for GameDev.net.

Friday is today: End of work week? or you mean END of week?

Edited by - nes8bit on May 13, 2000 1:49:41 AM
so is the end of the week, the end of Saturday... or the end of Sunday? Or does "that depend."

- impatient n8

nathany.com
Sorry, but I''m not dropping hints. I''m not related to the contests in any way.

Heck, I entered the last one!

(my byline from the Gamedev Collection series, which I co-edited) John Hattan has been working steadily in the casual game-space since the TRS-80 days and professionally since 1990. After seeing his small-format games turned down for what turned out to be Tandy's last PC release, he took them independent, eventually releasing them as several discount game-packs through a couple of publishers. The packs are actually still available on store-shelves, although you'll need a keen eye to find them nowadays. He continues to work in the casual game-space as an independent developer, largely working on games in Flash for his website, The Code Zone (www.thecodezone.com). His current scheme is to distribute his games virally on various web-portals and widget platforms. In addition, John writes weekly product reviews and blogs (over ten years old) for www.gamedev.net from his home office where he lives with his wife and daughter in their home in the woods near Lake Grapevine in Texas.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

..Trying to take me outta the Ghetto , but I'm still buck wild . So I'll hustle up wit em , knuckle up wit em hoody hooo..............
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
HoodRat, what''s your problem?

--
Anyway, I am thinking about making a shoot''em up game. Something seriously more polished than SHMUP (my last contest entry) and would have to find some gfx ppls, etc.

I''m anxious to know if this is something that will fit into the next contest... otherwise I will have to decide between the two.

I guess the end of the week isn''t Saturday...

- n8

nathany.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement