Advertisement

Unresollved External in Direct Draw

Started by March 30, 2000 09:47 AM
2 comments, last by ranxact 24 years, 5 months ago
man.. i have had more problems in the last week... anwyay, i keep getting an unresolved external on directX functions, but only on DirectDrawCreate and DirectDrawCreateEx, the linker can find everything else... ie. g_pDD->SetCooperativeLevel(...) still works DDgraphics.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DirectDrawCreate@12 i have even tried the example code with the SDK, and i have made sure that the build directories are right... i am at a loss as to what is wrong. i reinstalled directX and the sdk to see f it was a bug.. but no. Any ideas? thanx, RanXacT
RanXact@yahoo.com
Include ddraw.lib into your project - check your compiler documentation on how to do this.
Advertisement
I think most probably is that your library and include files are not in sync or you doesn't link with the correct library. Just add ddraw.lib and dxguid.lib to your project.

If that's not the case, what I know is, IDirectDraw4 and IDirectDraw7 have slightly different parameters on some function like DirectDrawCreate()...mmmm... maybe that the cause?

(correct me if i'm wrong here)

Edited by - DerekSaw on 3/30/00 10:16:57 AM
"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"
And don''t forget to make sure that the directory that contains the latest version of ddraw.lib comes first in the link path.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement