Advertisement

framebuffer graphics

Started by May 19, 2002 02:55 PM
11 comments, last by Saai 22 years, 4 months ago
linux has included framebuffer support for years now. I''m not looking for games to play on it and im not looking for things like sdl and opengl and allegro. I know about them, ive used opengl and allegro, I want to see what i can do with straight framebuffer.

Like ive mentioned already, iive got framebuffer working from a user perspective. I have rivafb with acceleration and mtrr enabled. I''m asking for things i could do to improve performance from a programmer/applications perspective, mainly with respect to screen refreshing.

saai
Yep, linux has included frame buffer support for years. But it is possible that you are not using the best support available for your hardware. Go through the ''make menu config'' or whatever it''s called these days and try tweaking some of the MANY different kernel options for fb graphics. There might be something that will get you running faster. I did some vesa fb stuff (including full screen redraws) a while back, and never had any performance problems.
Advertisement
I know how to set up a kernel and its as good as a 2.4 kernel is going to get - and vesafb is far from it btw. I''m interested in things i can do with *my* code, not what can be done in the kernel.

saai

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement