Advertisement

hardware-*nux

Started by May 15, 2002 02:27 AM
0 comments, last by GoofProg 22 years, 4 months ago
I have a new smc netword card that takes both slots up (no big whoop) in my old compaq armada sb laptop and I found out that FreeBSD does not support CARDBUS nics yet =( I have even tried OpenBSD, and Suse Linux 7.2 ..and no luck.. does any linux distro have any cardbus drivers out.. thanks in advance.

The nightmare travels across the cosmos with his burning mane. The trail of ash that is produced.

?Have a nice day!?

I''m not sure which linux distros have the support for cardbus built in, but I can suggest that you install a distro of linux on to the laptop. Then download the kernel source and PCMCIA card services.

Untar both, then do the build process for each, and then install. I have a cheap pcmcia nic in my laptop so I have to add it into the Config file in one of the ../../pcmcia directories (can''t tell the exact file name cuz i''m not home at the moment). I can get the info from issuing the "cardctl ident" command then edit that config file as neccessary.

Give this a try as the 2.4.18 kernel does support certain smc cards and you will have the latest version pcmcia card services installed.

Hitchhiker90
"There''s one bitch in the world, one bitch with many faces" -- Jay
"What are you people, on dope?" -- Mr. Hand
Hitchhiker90"There's one bitch in the world, one bitch with many faces" -- Jay"What are you people, on dope?" -- Mr. Hand

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement