Advertisement

Using 3D Studio ASE exports?

Started by March 07, 2000 07:17 AM
1 comment, last by mbenic 24 years, 6 months ago
Hi there, I''ve been searching high and low for info on the 3d studio ASE ascii export format, anyone know of any links on the subject? (I''ve tried wotsit.org... and no I don''t want to have to learn how to use the SDK... I''m more a figure-out-the-code kinda guy ;-]) Thanks.. --- Matt Benic "Don''t mind me, I''m just here for the free coffee"
Well then your outta luck buddy, there is no official info on the ase format used by max but you can email me and I''ll send you the source to the exporter. From this you can extract the information you need.

Check out my project @ www.exitearth.com

Advertisement
The format of the file is all text, so you can pretty much look at the file itself and figure out the format. remember when using this format that if you don''t apply the transformation matrix at the beginning of each object to your vertices and the rotations to your normals, they won''t be transformed correctly. keep in mind that with this format the Z axis is the vertical axis and the Y axis extends into the screen. also, if you''re using opengl the texture coordinates need to be inverted.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement