Advertisement

Tutor

Started by March 03, 2000 02:05 PM
11 comments, last by PsYcHoPrOg 24 years, 6 months ago
Because my school has macs and only about 4 people within 50 square miles from where I live know what a compiler is, I have decided to get a tutor. This tutor would prefferably be a University professor of computer science. My parents agree to this and are searching for someone to come to my house after school several days a week for one-hour lessons. Anyway, my question is: does anyone reccommend any methods of finding such a tutor? We have tried newspaper ads, the yellow pages, and universities, but so far, we''ve found nothing. Anybody have any suggestions? "Remember, I'm the monkey, and you're the cheese grater. So no fooling around." -Grand Theft Auto, London
D:
So you are having problems learning programming? Me too! (but only 5 people within 100 square miles around where i am know what a compiler is). You are lucky that your parents will let you get a tutor. I am lucky when they let me buy $150 worth of books. maybe you and i can learn together, no?

- Moe -

I really have no idea of how to attract a tutor.
Advertisement
Hey, now it''s good that nobody around you guys knows what a compiler is becuase that brings up a big issue.....JOB SECURITY hehe. The less people that can do this job, the more valuble you are...These are good times for programmers.
Hmm.. I wonder if perhaps someone could set up an Online tutoring "class" of some kind. such as a moderated chat room on IRC where the tutor goes over concepts and offers help to a small number of students at a time. Could have an accompianing web site with slides and examples, and perhaps a java applet that allows real time marking and drawing of some kind... (online blackboard)

I don''t personally need the help with programming... although I might try teaching one of those classes, perhaps...

Oh well, enough musing for now. Are we talking about a game-programming tutor or just a programming tutor in general?

*oof*
*oof*
Cool idea oofnish!!! I''m sure that lots of people would enjoy a online classroom for programming.
I''m talking about both game programming and regular programming in C/C++. I need to sharpen my skills with pointers and linked lists as well as in graphics and games!

"Remember, I'm the monkey, and you're the cheese grater. So no fooling around."
-Grand Theft Auto, London
D:
Advertisement
General programming, moving to Graphics and whatever else the class wants to learn.

Of cousre, if I did it, the classes would be free... but I''m sure a company could make money doing that, if done well.

*oof*
*oof*
Im no pro, but the pros dont hacve time !

so, if i get some help i can try to make an "online school" for gamedev....

need support here !

oh, and if i dont get this starting, if u want private lessons on ICQ/irc, im also available (schedule to be combined) for a little group of "students".

k, just some thought, i like helping ppl so if any1 interested. just mail me or something !

Edited by - Akura on 3/3/00 4:46:34 PM
It's good to be an outcast, you don't need to explain what you do, you just do it and say you don't belong there.
Any help would be great.

"Remember, I'm the monkey, and you're the cheese grater. So no fooling around."
-Grand Theft Auto, London
D:
If someone got problems with programming C/C++ and/or DirectX, you always can e-Mail me or try to find me on ICQ!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement