🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

EVERY ONE READ THIS!

Started by
31 comments, last by Sith Lord 24 years, 3 months ago
Well, the media usually has a bias. That''s why you hear it refered to as the "Liberal Media" at times. I''m not saying the media is either heavily liberal, conservative, or what-have-you, just that they tend to take a side.
. The best example are movie reviews. People will always argue over whether the critic is stupid or not based on his/her comments. People don''t want to hear about what the movies about [that''s what the trailers are for], they want to hear an opinion.
. So, the critics, and the media in general, give the people want they want [or at least what they think they want], opinions. But, what the media usually fails to realize is that people want to hear more than one opininion. Also, they want to hear an opinion with facts / points to back it up. If you newpaper read articles carefully, you''ll notice that if it''s about a not issue, it will just be a pointless list of criticisms in most cases. [Well, it is in my local newpapers.]

. I know it''s extremely easy to say something is just trash and to never touch it. If you''re repulsed [for lack of a better term] enough, you might never try out an activity to find out what it''s really like. I was like that with the 1st Person Shooters. I couldn''t stand Doom. But one day I played a non-violent game that used it''s engine [not really a mod, more of a "skin".] It''s then I found out why so many people liked it.
. Also, it''s easy to neglect an entire group [of anything] by what you see in it''s most prominent members. This guy probably has seen one too many blood-guts-and-gore games, so believes all games are phantasmorgorific filth. The same applies to just about everything. You have one bad chili, then you won''t eat chili ever again. Have one person from a group of people blast you with words, then you shrink away from everyone in that group, whether they''re nice/nasty or together/alone. It''s just an ennourmous mental hurdle to overcome. Some people learn how to, others don''t.
Advertisement
The author seems to be saying that computers are incapable of producing realistic looking people to bring out emotions, based on several quotes like this one "The top-heavy titillation of Tomb Raider''s Lara Croft falls flat next to the face of Sharon Stone, smiling with challenging sensuality at some haplessly macho male in "Basic Instinct." Which is true she does fall flat but, has the author of this ever read a book? Books get peoples emotions, even when there are no pictures or even people for that matter. So if a book can capture peoples emotions and be considered an art form... why can''t video games?

I agree! Obviously didnt that guy know wath he talked about!
What the fuck do he think that for example the Graphic Artists do?...Scetchers is art work to, some of the scetchers is famous now by their professional Art!
/ jewelaye

Jewelaye

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement