Advertisement

Why is Visual C++ so vague?

Started by February 23, 2000 04:14 AM
24 comments, last by Scorpion 24 years, 5 months ago
You think VC++ and Win32 is vague huh... Well try X-windows (Linux - Mac - and lots of other platforms)... that''s vague times 1000!!!

I think Visual Studio (I use 6.0 Enterprise) is one of the best documented and useable compilers out there... except when you want just one window or a simple interface, then I suggest you use Borland C++ Builder or Delphi (That is the Pascal version).
Nah, Borland C++ Builder is to easy..

And i haven''t got directx to work under the 4th generation
languages... but that must be just me.. =)

For the answer to the question, do i know low level programming? shure, i began with programming under dos. even there, setting up a screen was simple.. =)

icq# 10251921
thescorpion@most-wanted.com
Advertisement
Well duh! Back in the Dos days you didn''t have multithreaded overlapping multi-priority windows that are customisable down to the size of the borders!

Of course it''s a little harder now!!!
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Custamizability is harder? If you don''t want to customize, don''t. If you want a DOS-like environment, just make a window the size of your screen without borders.

E:cb woof!
E:cb woof!
It''s just vague, yesterday for example, i had
a whole new variable found in an example, and
i couldn''t find what it was for!

icq# 10251921
thescorpion@most-wanted.com
Everything seems vague until you figure it out.
Mike Weldon, a.k.a. FalloutBoymweldon@san.rr.com
Advertisement
I think your question was vague
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
I agree, u gotta explain stuff man, when u say it like dat noone know what the HELL YOUR TALKING ABOUT
If you wanna good example of vague, check out OpenGL!

I''m learning OpenGL instead of Direct X cuz I heard it was easier, and I figured to start out with graphics small

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
What''s vague about OpenGL??? It ships with the entire functional specification!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement