Advertisement

Want some input on my Pacman game

Started by February 22, 2000 03:08 PM
4 comments, last by Muzzafarath 24 years, 6 months ago
Hi everyone. It would be great if you guys would try out my Pacman game? I''d like to know how many FPS you''re getting and what kind of system you have. Some input on what could be improved would also be nice (not stuff like enemies, making Pacman animated and so on, because I''ll add that later on). I''d also like to know if anything flickers. Anyway, get my Pacman game at (it''s 180 kB): http://w1.315.telia.com/~u31504183/files/pac050.zip Please remember that this is my first game and it''s far from finished. And I only want _constructive criticism_ from other amateur game developers. Don''t say it''s boring, I already know that
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
You the man. I''d take my hat of to you if I was wearing one. Nice job.

Domini
Advertisement
My system is as follows:

Pentium 200MMX
64MB EDO RAM
S3 Virge PCI (325)4MB
Monster3D Voodoo
Soundblaster AWE64

averaged 1010 FPS with Freemem pro, Netsonic Pro, Net Vampire and the windows connection manager running in the background. Although the read out was between 800 and 1100 FPS there was always a jerk in the movement of Mr. Pac, I''m not sure if that is your fault or just me running too many tasks at once

Keep up the good work
I''m impressed. At this point, I can''t do any better. However, I would still like to make some suggestions. One would be to add some enemies. Another suggestion that I have is to animate the pacman sprite. It would only have two frames of animation, so it wouldn''t be too hard. As for the menu in the beginning, the only two selections that work are the GAME START option, the CREDITS option, and the END GAME option. The others don''t work. Other than these few details, I think you did a good job. Oh, and if you could send me the source code, I would appreciate it.
D:
Hehe, you didn''t read the entire post did you I said "not stuff like enemies, making Pacman animated and so on, because I''ll add that later on" But thanks for the input anyway.

I''m aware that only Credits, Play Game and Exit options work.

I''m working on getting the jerky movement fixed, I just can''t seem to figure out with it is...

/. Muzzafarath
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Thanks for all the encouragment (forgot to mention it in my last post).

/. Muzzafarath

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement