Advertisement

Learning through doing

Started by March 03, 2002 10:29 AM
4 comments, last by Crazygnome 22 years, 6 months ago
I''ve been trying to self teach myself C++ and its going ok to an extent. The problem is I don''t know if I''m really getting everything when I learn how to do something new. I was wondering if there was a site with programming assignments for beginner C++. Thanks.
How exactly are you self-teaching c++ to yourself? Almost any book is going to have a Quiz and Exercise section, with the answers in the back of the book. If you can answer all of the questions that the book ask, I say you are learning everything that the book intends to teach!
"I am governed by none other than the Laws of the Universe."
Advertisement
yea, thats what I''m doing. Use those exercises and make programs using what you just learned, without using the book. If you can do that, then you have been learning. But the book I''m using doesn''t say how to apply what you learn, so I''m kinda stuck myself.
HibikiWheres the any key?www.geocities.com/dragongames123/home.html
find your elementat mutedfaith.com.<º>
That would be kinda cool if there was a section of this message board where people could post programming assignments for improvement, learning, and fun. Or is there one?
---Will DDR for food.
Hi,

I know what you mean I recently finished a c++ book and did all the quizes. I then looked around doem some assignments to do so I could test my knowledge in other situations.

However the best way to test the water is too dive right in. Trust in what you know and start learning game programming, DX, Windows programming. You''ll be amazed at how much c++ you actually do know
My friend and I are learning programming together, and what we''ve done is create our own little ongoing project, and we develop within that project. For example, it''s an RPG, so:

1. Write the title screen
2. Create a basic character generator (and then buff it up by adding races, random names, stat adjustment, ability to reroll, etc.)
3. Make it save the gen''d characters to a file for use in the game.

etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement