Advertisement

These huge books

Started by February 14, 2000 07:15 PM
23 comments, last by theRaskell 24 years, 7 months ago
Isn''t it kind of mind-boggling that someone asks how to prevent page-flipping rather than asking how to make a page-flip. I''d use something. Like pWhat_ever_book_you_are_using->Flip(NULL,DDFLIP_WAITFORME)...

Just try it out

- Sleepwalker
- Sleepwalker
Just goes to prove I''m a software engineer when lpddsprimary->Flip() is easier for me to grasp then just holding open a damn book.
Advertisement
I do the same as Moe, I put the book in my lap and tuck the top edge under the table. This''ll probubly work for you since you mentioned your table was low.

Also, get books that have a disk! Most books at least have the code samples on disk with it. If you''re just reading what they say about something, you should be able to just hold the book open when reading.

E:cb woof!
E:cb woof!
BOOKMARK!
. Most of my manuals for my graphics programs are 3 inches thick, some 4. I just read a bit until there''s a completetion of thought, bookmark the page, then try doing what I just read. This might not work for reading code, but I''ve put in plenty of serial numbers this way, so I figure it''s probably good enough.
I simply bought a flatscreen (got a good deal on one) so now I have plenty of space on my desk...if it weren''t for those damn, thick computer books

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement