Advertisement

Need a mentor to make a game

Started by October 05, 2024 04:30 PM
4 comments, last by taby 9 hours, 30 minutes ago

Hey

My name is Abdulaziz

Now I am a student in my final year majoring in graphic design

At the university, we are required to make a movie or make a part of a game for the final project

I thought a lot, and after thinking, I decided that I would make a game and I am building the idea and script now

I collected some information about how to make the game, but I feel that the steps is still a bit long and complicated

I will use Blender to design the characters and backgrounds, and then I will continue in Unity to run the game and provide features for the game.

I was looking for a mentor to help me with the road map and these steps. Can anyone help me?

Moved to For Beginners, since making a game is different from designing a game. What is game design?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Advertisement

If you find your mentor be sure you are staying within the school guidelines. Communicate with your professor and let them know how much the other person is involved.

A mentor can help you learn faster and avoid known traps, but the project work and learning are yours to do.

Some people rely too much on the outside help and don't master the topics, leaving the failures to the workplace where they quickly discover they passed the program yet are unable to do the work.

To add to frob's excellent response, @zezomay08@gmail.com , I should point out that if you need a non-uni mentor to get you started on your final project, you've probably chosen the wrong option. A movie is much easier for an individual to make than a game; fewer tools to master, fewer creative fields to master. (Makes me wonder what degree you're going for, if the final project is either a movie or a game.) My recommendation would be that you tell your project professor that you want to change your project plan. And the sooner the better.

btw, we don't permit school project/homework help questions in these forums, so don't ask us any how-to questions or your posts will be locked closed.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

You will find that Gamedev.net as a whole are mentors. Ask your questions, and you'll likely get a response.

Advertisement