🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Outside of Discord, what's a good direct-messaging site?

Started by
7 comments, last by Shaarigan 3 years, 10 months ago

I'm sick of Discord but I'd like to network and get some friends so I don't feel so lonely. Is there a good website that also allows for direct messages that doesn't have drama I'd be likely to be sucked into, or is this just the way the Internet works now?

None

Advertisement

Where socializing is possible, drama is always trying to happen. It's a human nature thing.
Unfortunately, since all my direct messaging is done on Discord, Facebook, and Steam, I can't suggest any alternatives.

Is currently working on a rpg/roguelike
Dungeons Under Gannar
Devblog

Starconstructor said:
drama I'd be likely to be sucked into, or is this just the way the Internet works now?

This is the way people work.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I'm down to Facebook Groups and Discord at this point. There are some game development Slacks but nothing I liked.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

That is just how it is, drama has always been a nature to us. I'm also finding a new platform since I am also a bit tired of discord. Meanwhile, I will just do important tasks that will keep me busy like cleaning our American Standard toilet https://bestflushingtoilets.org/american-standard-toilet/​ .

ICQ. LOL

What kind of drama do you get into on Discord? Maybe you're just in some bad servers. There are tons of game development related servers maybe try to be active in a different one than the one that is full of drama.

None

As some phone vendors now tend to keep SMS and Mail from the same number/mail-address into some sort of Thread-based view, you might want to mail your friends?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement