🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

End of the world

Started by
126 comments, last by Calin 4 years, 3 months ago

Calin said:

fleabay said:
cosmonauts

very intuitive

Technically correct

Advertisement

@Calin Mankind at present is so immature and naive that we are pathogenic.

We developed technologically without developing spiritually. There are deep seated reasons for this and one can only go so far without the other.

I could write a list of reasons we are retarded but I’d have to waste about a week of my time. I’ll post 1 reason: duality.

We have a long way to go and a lot to learn from the youngest among us, who are starting to (1) see the error of their forefathers and (2) not repeat their mistakes.

Terminators are a cool tool but they are no replacement for humanity. (1) they have no soul (2) they have no mind (3) they can be disabled by using a magnet

None

A saussage has two ends. How many ends has the world ?

Sorry, I am a bit scattered today because of all the scattering i am trying to herd in a shader program.

organicpencil said:

@Calin For what it's worth, my dad is 100% convinced that space aliens are real.

What inspires you more aliens from space or terminators?

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

Green_Baron said:
A saussage has two ends. How many ends has the world ?

Don't eat the sausage

Calin said:
What inspires you more aliens from space or terminators?

Aliens, 100%

The poster may be talking about what some people call “The Singularity”, where AI gets really good and starts self-improving really fast. There's plenty written on that.

We're not close. For a while, the machine learning community thought they were. Now we have a fairly good idea of what ML can do. There's a ceiling. The ceiling is below what's needed for vision-based self driving, for example. General artificial intelligence is still a ways off. We need another great idea after ML to go further.

Nagle said:
The ceiling is below what's needed for vision-based self driving

you don`t need machine learning for some tasks. some things can be hard coded.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement