🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Associated project with Blog

Started by
3 comments, last by Eck 4 years, 6 months ago

The new look and feel of the site is pretty cool. One issue I'm having though is all of my blog entries now point to one of my small game jam projects. Often times the blog entry has nothing to do with that project. Sometimes it's a different project, or sometimes it's unrelated at all. I can't seem to find a way to pick my "current project" or to tie individual blog entries to specific projects. Am I just missing the setting somewhere?

- Eck

EckTech Games - Games and Unity Assets I'm working on
Still Flying - My GameDev journal
The Shilwulf Dynasty - Campaign notes for my Rogue Trader RPG

Advertisement

Ah. It looks like each project can associate to a particular blog, and all my projects are tied to my main development blog. So instead of a blog entry pointing to a particular project it's the other way around.

Yes, sorry for any confusion. I thought it would make more sense if each project was associated with its own blog instead of the project per blog post. Members can have an unlimited number of blogs anyway, so this provided a way to organize blog entries by their projects more directly (and have a non-project blog too).

I just realized others may be seeing the same thing that have reported it as a bug. If there is something particularly amiss I'm sure I can write a script to fix it. Let me know.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Nan it's fine. I'll just have to change how I use the blogs. I have one mega blog to rule them all. I'll just create separate blogs for things related to a particular project.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement