🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone read any online ongoing sci-fi/fantasy?

Started by
1 comment, last by Embassy of Time 5 years, 6 months ago

Hi all,

I’m setting up a blogspot site that I can dip into on a casual basis to write short fiction anonymously.

I’ve always felt that there’s at least one book in me, and I’m always coming up with really cool short ‘scenes’ that would lend themselves really well to sort of flash fiction. I think that this would be a nice way to test the waters.

My question is this:

Do any of you read any online short fiction (I guess you’d call them blogs?) sites and if so, what are they?

All I seem to find when I search are blogs ABOUT fiction (ie reviews etc...), whereas what I am really looking for are online posted stories that are ongoing and updated at the whim of the author.

Ideally, sci-fi/fantasy. Partly I want something to read/follow, but also I want to see what works for other writers.

Advertisement

I had been looking for something like that for ages, too. Never found anything that survived more than a few pages. So I suggested to some people in suits that they pay me for creating something like it. And I recently uploaded the second draft of the core novel meant to birth that into the world! It's a free to read, 63 chapter story, set in a time travel universe, essentially all the Time War stuff other stories just dance around, put center stage. Far future, cyberpunk, post apocalyptic, modern horror, historical mystery, fantasy adventure, and more, all part of the same story. Once the full novel is done, it's time for regular installments, much like what you describe.

[DEDACTED FOR SECURITY REASONS]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement