🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Survey for those that work in teams with 3D art

Started by
3 comments, last by lumusislight 5 years, 8 months ago

Hi guys, does anyone have a second to fill out a survey about 3D design teams and their collaboration? It's for the startup I work for. Thanks! ? https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfxnnyijbAxr_ilfxJdG6-5EzynH2bdBHSeKNYu5vWIa3J4Ew/viewform

Advertisement

Hi,

Just filled in the form. What is your start up about? Is it an education/business directed vector? I've been working with the 3D design team for Lumusislight projects of BritishCouncil arts college, but now took a year off due to health issues, but hoping to continue work soon.

Thanks! It started out as a collaboration platform for 3D designers—just anyone who needed to share heavy 3D files in the cloud but didn't want the hassle of having the desktop software (kind of like Google Drive for 3D models, with a viewer and editor and everything). Since our original launch, though, we've done a lot of research and we've slowly been transitioning over into more of a game development-focused asset management suite—that is, a kind of cloud-based repository and versioning tool built for small and medium-sized game studios. We still have the 3D viewing and sharing ability, but we decided to pursue a more niche target client group. 

I'd say we're steering more towards gamedev than education and business functionality at the moment, but the Lumusislight projects seem really cool regardless :)

3 minutes ago, sjimeshup said:

Thanks! It started out as a collaboration platform for 3D designers—just anyone who needed to share heavy 3D files in the cloud but didn't want the hassle of having the desktop software (kind of like Google Drive for 3D models, with a viewer and editor and everything). Since our original launch, though, we've done a lot of research and we've slowly been transitioning over into more of a game development-focused asset management suite—that is, a kind of cloud-based repository and versioning tool built for small and medium-sized game studios. We still have the 3D viewing and sharing ability, but we decided to pursue a more niche target client group. 

I'd say we're steering more towards gamedev than education and business functionality at the moment, but the Lumusislight projects seem really cool regardless :)

Sounds interesting and I guess it's indeed a helpful tool for 3D designers, even if it's for a more specific niche. Unfortunately, I'm a complete dummy in game development ?, but that could be one of the ideas in our projects too (I mean if we take educational games). Good luck with you further research and platform development!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement