🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Isn't any software is alternative to marvelous designer for free

Started by
2 comments, last by Scouting Ninja 6 years, 8 months ago

I want to make the clothes in real-time physics so I need a software like marvelous designer. Please anyone help me 

Advertisement

Use Blender to model a mesh and simulate this. Probably you can tag edges in Blender and read this data in your import tool so you can do special effects like tightening edge loops (E.g. in your simulation you set their length to 75% of the actual value).

Also it's very likely Blender has cloth simulation as well, probably less easy to use initially but after some time you may prefer it anyways (which is much more robust than MD and a solid 3D package. MD seems more suited to Poser guys - you get some results very quickly but you can't overcome some limitations)

On 10/28/2017 at 5:57 PM, KARTHI said:

I want to make the clothes in real-time physics so I need a software like marvelous designer.

Is it really the part you want? Marvelous designer only helps create clothing, you still need to learn clothing design to use it. It takes around 4 months to learn marvelous designer and years to make proper clothing.

Making a clothing pattern to use in Marvelous designer requires the knowledge to make that clothing pattern in real life. Unless you plan on abandoning game development for fashion design or to become a 3D modeler, software like this isn't useful to you. Marvelous designer has a trail, try it and see what I mean.

It will be much cheaper to hire a professional organic modeler than to spend all those years learning.

For actual clothing simulation in game, that is handled by the engine and each engine will have it's own tools for the job. A engine like Unreal also has external tools that does this for you. https://developer.nvidia.com/clothing

You can also use bones for the cloth like you would do with a ragdoll.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement