🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

VS Color Theme Editor + My theme

Started by
2 comments, last by MarcusAseth 6 years, 9 months ago

Hi guys, don't know if you know about the Visual Studio Color Theme Editor, I got tired of the standard theme so I'm making my own called Bubblegum (image below) and I also thought to share with you in case you like it :)

There are still a bunch of colors I didn't get around to modify because I have not yet found the paremeter linked to a particular ui element or because this thing keeps frezing my visual studio in the color edit process, I had to force-terminate and restart 8 times at least already :D

Anyway if you like it, feel free to take it from here and improve it :P 

It also need a color theme for the font to go with it (which is currently random colors, so you need to press "Import Font Color Customizations" in the theme options), so probably next I'll try and create that.

Also if you won't a decent color font scheme that match decently enough with it out of the box, try Girly or Tinacious Design or Ubu , they require minor changes to fit nicely imo

EDIT:

FINAL DOWNLOADS:

Bubblegum.vstheme

Bubblegum.vssettings

fS0bCUr.png

Advertisement

I think I've got to a pretty decent point with the font color scheme for C++ that goes with this theme, I just need to find out which one are the last remaining parameters that I need to modify (to change some colors in some tabs) and then I'll post it here in case someone want's to try it out (even though I realize is a pretty insane theme and colors) :P 

Below a w.i.p.

zp7IZ8E.png

Mission completed :D

Below the final download to Bubblegum.vstheme (for the visual studio window frame colors) and Bubblegum.vssettings (for the C++ font color setup), they are used together

Bubblegum.vstheme

Bubblegum.vssettings

I claim that by using this color theme your ability to reason about your code will drastically improve, but my claim is likely to be false :D

ikdEczx.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement