🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A meditation trick to clear your mind

Started by
4 comments, last by Krohm 7 years, 3 months ago
[media]https:
[/media]

Someone showed this to me and I ended up using this every day when sitting in front of the computer. Your decisions become much more objective. So I felt compelled to spread the science.

Once you stop all the thinking you can breath slowly trying to lower your heart rate and remain in this neutral state. There's nothing esoteric about it, you're letting the anxiety fade away.
Advertisement

I like the way he explained that exercise.

It might be obvious (if your mind is chattering - stop doing that), but the way he told that - you actually grasp/realize it through your own feelings.

Meditation is an incredible powerful tool for everyone, but especially for those who have to think for some hours straight. There is a wonderful app called headspace that teaches meditation ten minutes per day. I was skeptic at first, now I'm suggesting it to everyone I know :)

for everyone, but especially for those who have to think for some hours straight.

For that and for other reasons I think every highschool should have practical meditation classes.

I believe I would have benefited from knowing stuff like this when I was at school.

I've been trying to meditate every day with my hot cup of coffee. It has helped so much with anxiety! It's definitely worth the 1 (oh yeah there's plenty of 60 second guided meditations) to 30 minutes a day.

Wow that's kinda cool. I don't think I ever visualized something that is between stuff that doesn't exist. Wow.

Previously "Krohm"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement