🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

how to download game

Started by
13 comments, last by frob 7 years, 5 months ago

Hi. My son ordered Star Wars Battlefront in the mail. We got the code, but where am I supposed to go for the download? This is incredibly stupid.

Advertisement
Ordered it from where?

I would expect that if you have received a download code instructions for redeeming should have been included, but if that is not the case you should contact the retailer from whom you made the purchase.

Hope that helps, good luck! :)

As an aside, I didn't even know it was possible to purchase a game via mail, how quaint!

- Jason Astle-Adams

Ordered it from where?

I would expect that if you have received a download code instructions for redeeming should have been included, but if that is not the case you should contact the retailer from whom you made the purchase.

As an aside, I didn't even know it was possible to purchase a game via mail, how quaint!

My son bought it from Amazon. Nothing included about online download, only instructions for Origin client, though it says "download only" on cover.

Did you follow the instructions provided?

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Most probably It's a steam key

No instructions for where to go and no idea what steam key is. Can you get a link to where this download would be with EA or whatever?

If you figured out it's from EA and even have enough knowledge to ask for a link to download it (i.e. you know what you are looking for), you have enough information to figure this out (i.e. use a search engine) yourself.

Ordered it from where?

My son bought it from Amazon. Nothing included about online download, only instructions for Origin client, though it says "download only" on cover.

As you stated it's Origin so you need EA's special client. Though I worry you picked the wrong name on here if you don't know what Steam is ;-)

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

Then should be able to pick the game from their list and enter the key you were provided. I've not used Origin in a few years though.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

Ordered it from where?

As you stated it's Origin so you need EA's special client. Though I worry you picked the wrong name on here if you don't know what Steam is ;-)

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

Then should be able to pick the game from their list and enter the key you were provided. I've not used Origin in a few years though.

So I download this origin thing and then I can download the game?

Yes, if it's an Origin game that should be correct.

If you have further difficulties you should contact EA or Origin support. We aren't the place to get tech support for random games.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement