🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hey all im new!

Started by
3 comments, last by LaurenceSch 7 years, 5 months ago

Hey all hows it going? My names Laurence and i thought gamedev.net looked like a pretty cool forum so i joined :D

About Me:

I am currently 19 years of age and own a game dev studio. I am a Unity3D developer and have been using the game engine for around 4-5 years now. My main programming language is C# how ever iv been thinking about learning C++. Right now i have released 2 Titles on Steam which i am very proud of. I love helping people out with any kind of game dev releated to C# Or unity so hit me up if you need help :)

Why game dev?

Ever since i was little i was fascinated by tech id tell my perants to purchase me RC toys only so that i could take them apart and learn how they worked. This interest finally led me to computers and i was absulutly facinated about how programs worked. How did the PC know how to do this and that?

So when i was 11 i started researching different programming languages. The first language i ever coded in was something called EventScript and it was used to make plugins for a game called Counter Strike:Source. After that i took on python, then java and all the different types of web coding. Php, Html you name it i tryed them all. How ever when i started to learn C# i absulutly loved the language and that led me to the game engine of Unity3D. I started using Unity3D back when it was at its 3.0 stage and now its at 5. something. So iv bee using it for some time now.

This community seems pretty cool. So iv made one of my assets on Itch.io completly free for you guys. The gleam link is below the only thing you need to do is visit 1 site which is my studio page. But if you dont want to do that just message me and ill just give you the coupon link for 100% off.

Asset: https://laurencesch.itch.io/64-isometric-blocks-pack

Free Code: https://gleam.io/gXvSN/64-isometric-blocks-pack

Everything in the pack can be used for commercial projects or personal.

Thanks for listening to me :D

Advertisement

Welcome :)

Welcome to our community Laurence, looking forward to hearing more from you!

Be sure to check out our Developer Journals section (Community>Developer Journals), and if you have some valuable experience consider submitting an article or two (Articles>Post an Article).

What games do you have on Steam?

- Jason Astle-Adams

Escape This

Alien Hostage

Welcome to the site :) - I hope you find a home you enjoy here.

Welcome to our community Laurence, looking forward to hearing more from you!

Be sure to check out our Developer Journals section (Community>Developer Journals), and if you have some valuable experience consider submitting an article or two (Articles>Post an Article).

Thanks! I look forward to being a part of this great site. Ill check out the Developer journals section as well.

Also the games i have released are called 'Escape This' and 'Alien Hostage' as Stormynature said.

iv made one of my assets on Itch.io completly free for you guys. The gleam link is below the only thing you need to do is visit 1 site which is my studio page. But if you dont want to do that just message me and ill just give you the coupon link for 100% off.

Moving to Your Announcements.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement