Advertisement

Trafic And Activity To The Forums Are Lower?

Started by July 23, 2016 04:34 PM
23 comments, last by GeneralJist 7 years, 11 months ago

There are still many viewers each day. I noticed that. :)

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

Obviously I'm joking!

Got your message. :)

Advertisement
I've noticed a bit of a lull too. I guess it makes perfect sense that the forum follows college term times, as most people here seem to be at college or university.

as most people here seem to be at college or university

Many of the question-askers are. And since much of the discussion is driven by questions, it adds to the situation.

Many of the professional developers and non-professional game developers (who may be professional in other fields) are present most of the time but seldom ask questions of the board.

Traffic and new topics are actually up slightly for this time of year, but as mentioned the summer time is generally slower as more people take vacations or breaks.

As for the chat - still considering the future of the official chat, but I can at least fix the Chat link to go to Discord.

Admin for GameDev.net.

It's always slower in the summer.

/me looks at the thermometer which is reading negative temperatures. Summer, my ass!
Advertisement

I know it's been a bit, and usually don't bump old stuff.

But It's not just the season.

I had a skim through many sections, from writing to production, and there are many old topics more than a month old sitting on the front page...

Seems traffic has actually slowed down.... unfortunately.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

does this forum do any targeted advertising? Ages 16-18 are probably best so that as they go into university they see this site as a good resource. If that market isn't being targeted then activity levels could drop off every 4-5 years as the core group get older/busier.

I know it's been a bit, and usually don't bump old stuff.

But It's not just the season.

I had a skim through many sections, from writing to production, and there are many old topics more than a month old sitting on the front page...

Seems traffic has actually slowed down.... unfortunately.

While I am sure you have a fantastic activity sensor installed in your eyes, I promise you that the metrics we track indicate not only increased activity but also increasing activity..around 30% since this thread started.

Not all forums are experiencing this increase equally. For this reason we are evaluating the need for some of them and the methods we use to categorize content.

Also, there is more to GameDev.net than the forums. Other areas are growing substantially.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Sorry I haven't posted much the past 2 months. Got you worried? :P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement