Advertisement

What makes a game fun???

Started by January 20, 2000 04:45 AM
12 comments, last by Macke 24 years, 8 months ago
Hey all.
Well I think that that putting all of what makes a game "fun" in one or two words or feilds isn''t that simple. I pay 10 bucks a month to play a game because: I like that it takes so long to build up skill. There is different ranks that by getting more points you advance in rank, so there is always something to shoot for. Because its a multi-player game it always changes, they can come from behinde you infront or to the side, it''s there move( or yours). But over all I think what makes a game fun is... for some odd reason that i cant put into words, what YOU think is fun.

I think that what really makes a game enjoyable is how much it takes you away from the real world. I don''t know about you all, but there''s nothing better for me than totally forgetting that I''m in front of a computer...
Also, sometimes when I''m really stressed, it''s just awesome to boot up the computer and let hordes of monsters come at me, and I''ll turn on god mode and just say "DIE!!!"... and there goes the stress...

-Extortionist

---------------------------------------------------
-Black Magic Software-
"Gettin'' crazy with the Cheez Wiz" -Beck - Loser
-Extortionist----------------------------------------------------Black Magic Software-"Take a look to the sky just before you die; it's the last time you will!" -Metallica, "For Whom the Bell Tolls"
Advertisement
Exactly(''bout the stress ting)
The game must not be too easy and not too hard. Just hard enough to keep you focused and easy enough to give you that feeling of mastering the game.
Ahhh...The feeling of being superior hehehhehh...Ups sorry...

And a good story which make you want to stay up that extra hour to see what comes next.

Halflife is a good example of such a game.

Keep adding funcionality in your game, so that it will not get boring so quickly (new weapons, new who-knos-what).

Edited by - granat on 2/1/00 5:28:05 AM

Edited by - granat on 2/1/00 5:28:53 AM
-------------Ban KalvinB !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement