🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

If you had a magic button, what would it do?

Started by
54 comments, last by nfries88 8 years, 4 months ago

A magic button that does anything? Well, it would teach me the fundamental language of the universe, and all there ever was and is!

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

Advertisement

Well if I had a magic button then I'd want it to do anything I tell it.

Therefore why would I need a box that has many buttons to do a task when I'd only need one?

I would want this magic button to create two functionally identical copies of itself, and then press them for me.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

Since I am an indecisive person, I would probably want this button to show me the best choice when I have to make a decision. Or start a holographic videogame, like the holodeck in Start Trek. Or just play the imperial march...

Or just play the imperial march...

How about play theme music for whoever you point it at, to great annoyance like in family guy where Peter asks for a guy with a tuba to follow fat people around playing a two tone tune...?

My magic button would make 3 other magic buttons 1 for my childish needs - print money, make any girl i like fall for me

1 for my professional requirements- when i press i will be smart enough to code my ultimate application development and 1 for my adventurous needs - when i press i can be teleported to any exo-planet in any galaxybiggrin.png

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

Hi all,

I'm a new member here..

I made straight for this thread as it caught my eye. So.....

...If I had a magic button it would connect me, via all my ancestors -going way back in time billions of years -right back to the first single cell creature that spawned all life on earth. That single cell was my great-great-great (add lots more zeros) grand-parent, and of course it was yours too.

And that magic button connecting me with my mother etc etc, is of course my belly button. Humans are of course just one branch of this amazing tree of life, one branch among millions of branches, stretching all the way back to its roots in time, and beyond, and written in complex dna code,

;-)

Time roll-back without loosing memory capability (:

"Recursion is the first step towards madness." - "Skegg?ld, Skálm?ld, Skildir ro Klofnir!"
Direct3D 12 quick reference: https://github.com/alessiot89/D3D12QuickRef/

Or just play the imperial march...

How about play theme music for whoever you point it at, to great annoyance like in family guy where Peter asks for a guy with a tuba to follow fat people around playing a two tone tune...?

That's even better :D

I don't think i'd want to press a magic button regardless of what it did. So no clue what i'd make it do but it doesn't matter as i'd never touch it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement