Advertisement

Anyone tried Screeps, the MMO for programmers?

Started by June 21, 2015 12:29 AM
59 comments, last by Dragonsoulj 9 years, 2 months ago
I want one!

Well I tried the demo and certainly seems interesting... Now that I notice you can look at the world even without being 'accepted' yet, I think Ill be spending some time looking at how peoples AI behave smile.png

EDIT: if youre playing tell me your name so I can make your destruction my prime goal when I get to play can check out your AI

o3o

Advertisement

I'm playing under the same name as my GDNet account: Toolmaker. I'm located in room W13S11, which is in the bottom left corner of the map. At the moment my AI doesn't do very much, haven't had a lot of free time.

I did completely revamp the system to keep track of energy needs over the weekend. Re-factored it into a spatial map and ensure that extensions would be properly served, which isn't the case in the current implementation. Still need to find some time to actually test it and put it in production so I can finally construct creeps with more body parts and thus create soldiers to mine the two guarded sources in my room. And I really need to write code to construct more defenses in my room, such as ramparts blocking the exits.

Dragonsoulj: I'll PM you one access code.

Got one more left(actually had three instead of the advertised two).

I can has? :<

Will at least play it long enough to learn this 'javascript' thing

o3o

Done. You have received my final Early Access Preview code. Let me know which room you're all in, I'd love to see how others are better than me :P.

I havent been able to start yet, i got pretty sick sunday night, and havent quite recovered yet to start playing.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
Advertisement

I havent been able to start yet, i got pretty sick sunday night, and havent quite recovered yet to start playing.

I hope you get well soon!

alright, was planning to start tomorrow(just about fully better). anyway, before Toolmaker gave me a code, i had put in a request for a code, and actually just received a reply back. so now i have a free code to toss to anyone interested. either way it seems to only take a few days to get approved to join anyway, so that is always an option for when there are no more codes to hand out.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

I would love a code if anybody has any left.

Got my code this morning. Did some of the tutorial a few days ago and I hope to start playing the full thing over the weekend. Thanks for pointing this game out.

Out of curiousity has anyone programmed in another language and used a transpiler. I don't know javascript (although this could be helpful to learn some stuff) and would rather write in python. Ill try it out but just to see others experience.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement