Advertisement

Blender just made Rendering for Games Better.

Started by August 01, 2014 02:09 AM
13 comments, last by latch 10 years, 1 month ago

I can bake in reflections!

Yeah I saw a video where a dude baked the environment reflections into chrome balls and it was wicked fast. I can't find the video. :(

Yeah. Once you bake the map and save it out, you can go back to blender render, delete the cycles materials, and apply a blender render material using the maps as an image texture. Lighting fast indeed.

Only thing is, I can't bake high samples without my laptop sounding like it is about to implode. I don't have the GPU rendering option, as only certain graphics cards are currently supported.

They call me the Tutorial Doctor.

Advertisement

Only nvidea. I bought a gtx 650 just for Blender use so I could do stuff like this low sample example:

box.gif

Because of baking, I was able to make the above pic with only one vertex so that's cool.

Nice! I do need a better windows laptop, although I used a Mac to do the shots I posted. The latest MacBook starts to hum at 50 samples. I get a lot of noise still. I wonder if there is a way to blur the noise using the nodes.

They call me the Tutorial Doctor.

Nice! I do need a better windows laptop, although I used a Mac to do the shots I posted. The latest MacBook starts to hum at 50 samples. I get a lot of noise still. I wonder if there is a way to blur the noise using the nodes.

Ok look at this vid between 10:00 and 10:12 where Andrew tells you how to reduce the fireflies with one check in the box.

Whoops- only works when your scene is lit with an HDL.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement