Advertisement

Question about purchasing a motherboard..

Started by November 15, 2013 08:28 PM
0 comments, last by ryan20fun 10 years, 10 months ago

Hope this is the right forum.

I'll get right to it. Im working on a custom build win/pc. Lga1366, chip is x58.

Ive got an i7 950 for cpu, sata 2 1tb for storage, and 12gb of gskill ram 1333.

Problem is the motherboard is something called MS-7543 that was used in Dell's XPS 730x series desktops. I bought it months ago from an ebay seller called Ascendtech. But the board was barebones. There was no documentation for it and Ive searched far and wide for some service manuals but I cant seem to dig up anything related to the board. No drivers or docs.

I bought that board new at bargain price but I blame myself for not doing my homework on it first.

But Ive decided to say to hell with it and invest in something more reliable. So I wanted to get some opinions.

Been doing some reading and apparently the brand Supermicro is pretty stable and long lasting.

The one Ive found is this serverboard, but it looks like it natively supports the parts I already have with additional support for workstation parts. Or at least thats the impression Im getting from the website.

Heres the link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813182165R

My question is should I buy it or skip it?

My purpose for this build: Designing custom game content with blender for any kinds of games, pc or console, and also doing some rendering with gpu accelerated engines like indigo, octane, and thea. Which is why the 2 16x lanes would be helpful.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I greatly appreciate any help.

I don't know much about the Intel side, But when i was doing some heavy research into the parts last year i found that a lot of people hold ASUS to be top notch.

Hope that helps you, And good luck! :)

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement