Advertisement

Prime Members?

Started by August 06, 2013 02:45 AM
18 comments, last by Bacterius 11 years, 1 month ago

I noticed my group type changed as well as I believe my title. I now am a Prime Member in a Crossbones+ group (instead of Members). What's the difference?

I'm assuming it's for the original members of the group, to contrast with people being added to the Crossbones+ group automatically for having a 1000+ reputation (as mentioned in the green announcement above the forums).

Speaking of which, I guess I haven't gotten any upvotes lately...

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Advertisement

I'm assuming it's for the original members of the group, to contrast with people being added to the Crossbones+ group automatically for having a 1000+ reputation (as mentioned in the green announcement above the forums).

That was the only conclusion I could draw.

Speaking of which, I guess I haven't gotten any upvotes lately...

It may be the next time you upvote. I'm not sure.

Oh, well now I'm "Prime Members" too so I guess I was wrong about, you know, everything said in my post above.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

Bloody hell.. that's not right. Looks like I can't cascade promotions like I hoped. So for now it's just Members -> Crossbones+ at 1000 points.

Hmm, you should be able to. That is odd.

Advertisement

Well this software had built-in ways to promote based on stuff like how long you've been a member or how many posts you made.. but both those metrics seem largely useless. I got a little plugin to add in promotion based on reputation but it seems a little flawed.

Perhaps just using the login event and check the reputation instead of on reputation events? If someone wants an immediate promotion, they can simply log out and back in.

At the risk of sounding like a dumbass, what is crossbones+?

There was a main message or something about it for a few days, crossbones is where you get 1000+ likes and it is something to do with power on articles or something.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement