Advertisement

Does anyone get motion sickness after playing Angry Birds?

Started by September 13, 2011 03:40 PM
3 comments, last by ChurchSkiz 13 years ago
After I play angry birds for awhile (a few hours) on my mobile phone, I often find when using a desktop PC that I get a seasick feeling when looking at the various windows, as though they are rocking back and forth like the boxes and structures in the game. I also get this with vertical text or long stretches of horizontal text, which I begin to feel is buckling. I think that when I am playing the game my sense of balance is adapting to the fact that everything in the foreground is dynamic, and then I get thrown off by the fact that text and images on the pc are static. The mobile phone may also have something to do with it; I know that I had terrible eyestrain when I first got it and started messaging, which I adapted to.

"It's like naming him Asskicker Monstertrucktits O'Ninja" -Khaiy

After I play angry birds for awhile (a few hours) on my mobile phone, I often find when using a desktop PC that I get a seasick feeling ...

Don't play Angry Birds (for several hours in a row)?
Advertisement
No, never got motion sick from a 2D game! I only sometimes get it when watching someone else play a 3D game.
Only two games have ever made me motion sick.

Quest 64 for the Nintendo 64 (the game has bright neon green grass and the camera spins around and follows too close, the textures are low res and fuzzy looking and all of this combined together made me so nauseated when I played this as a kid.

video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jFFvYC2yR6s

1:20 in, the camera is spinning around, cutting through geometry... then it does quick cuts to enemies, then it does zoom outs and slowly moves the entire time the character is running around... and it just whips the camera around suddenly... ughhh and the bright colors... lol

Portal. I don't think I have to explain this one. I don't think it was even really the portal jumping that made me sick... just something about the camera and the confined space and stuff... had me sweating and dizzy for hours after playing. Might have also been because I was incredibly tired so that didn't help either... but it made me physically ill.
[size="3"]Thrones Online - Tactical Turnbased RPG
Visit my website to check out the latest updates on my online game
I'm as big an angry birds fan as anyone, but how in the heck are you playing it "for hours"?? Broaden your horizons...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement