Advertisement

Company Name Vote

Started by August 22, 2011 12:46 PM
12 comments, last by JoeCooper 13 years ago
Hi folks!

I'm starting a small game company with our first title in development. We focus in casual games for facebook.
We have came up with two potential company names:

Biscuitsoft
Playattic

Which one do you prefer?
Cheers!

Biscuitsoft
Playattic

BiscuitSoft Is Different.
So My Vote Goes To BiscuitSoft.

Which one do you prefer?
Cheers!

Wheres the Poll ?

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Advertisement
These forums let you put polls into your posts.

Biscuitsoft is good, if you can get a funny logo made.
I think sticking soft on the end of stuff is kind of cheesy for software companies. It makes a unique idea more generic imo. Even if your official title was Biscuit Software, I would just refer to myself as Biscuit.
I kind of agree with Way2Lazy2Care. (And I just found out that his username is oddly annoying to type.)

If you insist on going with the "Biscuit Soft", then at switch it to Soft Biscuit. But Biscuit Studios/Interactive/Entertainment would also work nicely. Assuming no one has used it before. Double check things like that.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
It personally annoys me when one person or a small group of independent, mostly unprofessional people go by a name like "X Studios". To me, it's misleading and dishonest, and smacks of little kids pretending to be part of the industry. I don't know if other people feel that way or not -- it could just me me.

In a lot of cases even "X Interactive" or "X Entertainment", while not misleading per se, seems.... at best, generous.
Advertisement
I'd rather you have no name and show me your game.
Didn't know about the polls, I've updated the post so you can properly vote.
I've added the Soft Biscuit option as well. Thanks for voting!
Soft Biscuit reminds me of Limp Biscuit....
Soft Biscuit? Who would want that?
Might as well be Wet Sock, Alc-Free Beer or Tasteless steak.

Also, Attic sort of reminds me of Attic Entertainment, the producers for Realms of Arkania -series and Herrscher der meere.

Biscuitsoft sounds good, though!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement