Advertisement

Custom Iso for Windows

Started by June 04, 2011 04:10 PM
12 comments, last by ApochPiQ 13 years, 3 months ago

You do realize as soon as you get your windows you can do w.e you want with your windows.

only if you want to get involved with legal matters if you get cought.
when you install Windows you agree to there Eula which states that you can only use it on 1 PC at ANY time.
you should read the eulas you agree to when you install stuff.
and i must say Microsofts one is very long and convers lots of stuff.
nad when you agree to any Eula you are legally binding yourself to it

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Advertisement

[quote name='caaraa' timestamp='1307347647' post='4820012']
You do realize as soon as you get your windows you can do w.e you want with your windows.

only if you want to get involved with legal matters if you get cought.
when you install Windows you agree to there Eula which states that you can only use it on 1 PC at ANY time.
you should read the eulas you agree to when you install stuff.
and i must say Microsofts one is very long and convers lots of stuff.
nad when you agree to any Eula you are legally binding yourself to it
[/quote]

If your university has an academic license programme, you can get signed up, and then access your needed MS software, like Windows and VS. These versions have no limitations wrt. number of machines/installations, but you can't use them commercially.

Also, the quote reminded me of episode 1 in the current South Park season, where Kyle accidentally agrees to an iTunes Terms of Conditions pop-up, with unforeseen consequences.
It is I, the spectaculous Don Karnage! My bloodthirsty horde is on an intercept course with you. We will be shooting you and looting you in precisely... Ten minutes. Felicitations!

You need what's referred to as an OEM license to move the install between computers (read the fine print carefully).

You can use a single OEM DVD to do multiple concurrent installs, but you still need to purchase a license for each install. Most software retailers sell license packs that can be used for this purpose.

Isn't it OEM licenses that are usually box locked? I thought it was retail that allowed you to remove the install from one computer and reinstall on another box.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
The language is fuzzy, but as I interpret it, the OEM licenses are intended for people building their own systems, who might transfer to new hardware; I might need to re-read the EULAs again but last time I checked my impression was that the only real difference between the OEM license and the retail box is that the retail box includes a manual and some other junk...

I've certainly had no issues with activating OEM licensed copies of Windows on new hardware, although I did once have to call in and explain that I'd made a hardware switch to get an extra dose of activation allowances. That was for a Server edition though, so it may be that the terms differ for standard consumer licenses; it's certainly common enough in NOCs and such to update hardware without buying new OEM licenses.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement