Advertisement

Custom Iso for Windows

Started by June 04, 2011 04:10 PM
12 comments, last by ApochPiQ 13 years, 3 months ago
ok i want to be able to remove all the pre-installed crap from he windows disk that isnt used, and install things that i may want on there, but i do not want to do it by slip streaming. I am wondering how could i install my XP iso onto a computer, then remove everything and install the programs i want, and turn that installation back into a installable iso to put on other computers? What programs would i need to do this?
XP? :lol: If you use Windows 7 it comes with like nothing extra. The problem with imaging software is that it expects the hardware to be the same when you create an image and overwrite another hard drive. There is professional software that can do what you want, but it's not cheap. (I use some at my university to manage labs).
Advertisement
lol yea XP haha im not a fan of win 7 at all and if i load this onto the computer im gonna use and then do it that way, will it work?
You do realize as soon as you get your windows you can do w.e you want with your windows.Have you not ever seen people customize they're own windows XP.Ive even seen people edit they're own windows to the point that it looks and runs better then vista and possibly Win7.Same with Linux.
I think you can slip stream batch scripts into the iso that are run after (or at the end of) the installation. So basically you would install XP on one machine, write and test the batch scripts that do the uninstalling / installing and then merge those scripts back into the iso.
theres a programe called nLite(XP) and vLite(vista), they can customize the installation and have certain software installed with windows(i think it has to be an inf installer but not shure not really used it before)
i think vLite is compatible with Win7 but i dont know

---edit---
just found this and it is supposed to be for Win7

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Advertisement
Easiest way:Install windows as usual, remove everything you dont want, then clone your hard-drive with norton ghost or other similar tool. You can then burn the image of your harddrive into a dvd or what ever you want.
We need concept artists for a metrid style 2D side-scroller, If you are interested please contact me at Everebirth@gmail.comThanks!

Easiest way:Install windows as usual, remove everything you dont want, then clone your hard-drive with norton ghost or other similar tool. You can then burn the image of your harddrive into a dvd or what ever you want.

but that work on another PC, if his PC packs up it will no longer work aas Windows will register it as a new PC and lock itself

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Technically, you can't do that legally. Each simultaneous install of Windows on a different PC is a separate license, i.e. you have to totally remove it from one machine before going to another if you don't want to violate your license terms. Additionally, the copies of Windows that ship with computers are not typically licensed to do that at all, i.e. they're only licensed for the exact box you bought. You need what's referred to as an OEM license to move the install between computers (read the fine print carefully).

You can use a single OEM DVD to do multiple concurrent installs, but you still need to purchase a license for each install. Most software retailers sell license packs that can be used for this purpose.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Technically, you can't do that legally. Each simultaneous install of Windows on a different PC is a separate license, i.e. you have to totally remove it from one machine before going to another if you don't want to violate your license terms. Additionally, the copies of Windows that ship with computers are not typically licensed to do that at all, i.e. they're only licensed for the exact box you bought. You need what's referred to as an OEM license to move the install between computers (read the fine print carefully).

You can use a single OEM DVD to do multiple concurrent installs, but you still need to purchase a license for each install. Most software retailers sell license packs that can be used for this purpose.

:ph34r: should have mentioned that before :cool:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement