Advertisement

What to do when a name you chose as a business name is taken

Started by May 10, 2011 10:44 AM
20 comments, last by ryan20fun 13 years, 4 months ago
Hi.
anybody got any ideas on a new name ?, i had thought of a name Fun-ko (about 3 years ago) and it is used by a toy manufacturer.
anybody got sugestions on a new name, a better name.
Any and All help is Much Appreciated
Thanks.

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Hi.
anybody got any ideas on a new name ?, i had thought of a name Fun-ko (abiut 3 years ago) and it is used by a toy manufacturer.
Thanks.

"The World's Longest Name for a Company" has a nice ring to it.
Advertisement

[quote name='ryan20fun' timestamp='1305024284' post='4808905']
Hi.
anybody got any ideas on a new name ?, i had thought of a name Fun-ko (abiut 3 years ago) and it is used by a toy manufacturer.
Thanks.

"The World's Longest Name for a Company" has a nice ring to it.
[/quote]

now should i acronym that as:
TWLNFAC - The Worlds Longest Name For a Company
TWLNC - The Worlds Longest Name Company
---
TWLCN - The Worlds Longest Company Name
WLCN - Worlds Longest Company Name

good one, but the last one has a ring to it ;)
+ 1 for you :cool:

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Fun-ko

Kung-Fun obviously.
Fün-kö
I take my time machine back a few days or months, and do research on existing companies before deciding on and becoming too attached to a name.
Advertisement
If you are the owner name it after yourself. Then you will be famous.
Just change the name. Most company names suck, they're stupid to anyone who didn't come up with the name. So don't sweat it, come up with another one.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Just change the name. Most company names suck, they're stupid to anyone who didn't come up with the name. So don't sweat it, come up with another one.

The ChurchSkiz curve of business success. Time spent thinking about company names is inversely proportional to chance of business succeeding. This can also be expressed as a ratio of time spent on company names to actually working on a product.
Ryan Funtivity Solutions, LLC.

The Ryan Institute for Funtinological Studies.

The Ryan Trust for Funtiographic Engineering and Funnonomicology.

-------R.I.P.-------

Selective Quote

~Too Late - Too Soon~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement