🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

what force feedback stearing wheel for directx 8 or 9

Started by
0 comments, last by Dunge 14 years, 7 months ago
hi all, i want to implement support for force feedback stearing wheel for a pc game made in directx 8 and 9. Can you recomend something for 100$ ? in my local store there is logitech momo but i don't know how good is it. But i can buy from web if you recomend something else. thanks in advance.
Planet Yupeee 2009$100 maniac.planetyupeee.com
Advertisement
First, why do you say DX8/9? Any wheel will probably works in all games anyway. Still, you should just get one using the latest technology (dx10 and xinput, like a x360 gamepad instead of directinput). They are probably all like that nowadays anyway.

I'm no expert on wheels and can't gives you any personal recommendation, but I know that a cheap wheel is pure crap and you are better with a gamepad. If you just want to pay 100$, you better just forget it. Logitech is good, and I heard good things about Momo a few years ago, but when you look at logitech's site it's the cheapest of their products. Other than that, you could look for the Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel. It probably works on PC too just like the xbox gamepad.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement